Does Online Private Yoga really work?
However, unless I‘m travelling myself, these sessions are local to Luzern and central Switzerland where I live.
- What if you don’t live locally but on the other side of the world?
- What if you travel frequently?
- What if you move abroad?
- What if you find it difficult to attend regular classes?
- What if you don’t have time or desire to commute through rush hour traffic to a yoga studio?
- What if yoga simply isn’t available where you are?
Then online private yoga sessions via Skype/Zoom could well be the answer.
Now, before I launch into how versatile, exceptionally practical and convenient online private yoga sessions are, I have to admit I had my doubts.
I couldn’t see how it could work well.
This is yoga we’re talking about, after all. Don’t we already spend way too much time in front of the computer as it is?
How could a client possibly tune into their breath and experience if they’re constantly peering at the screen?
Wouldn’t it feel cold and disconnected?
I felt pretty sure it was just a trend, a new marketing ploy and I wasn’t convinced this was something I wanted to offer.
However, a couple of experienced yoga teachers I admire explained how well it worked for them and their clients. I was intrigued, asked them to share more and delved deeper.
I began offering online private yoga sessions via Skype/Zoom sessions to test the waters and was amazed at how effective they were.
Students and I found that it was as if we were in the same room. In fact the computer was like a telescope, it helped me to really focus and laser in on their alignment.
The key is to eliminate any unnecessary distractions so you can really tune into your body and breath. So I demonstrate as little as possible and have to be incredibly specific about the language I use as I guide you through class.
This has proved very beneficial to the student as they learn more about their body movement and sensations – and helps me to hone my skills as a teacher.
What is the set-up, how does it work?
All you need is space to roll out your yoga mat, a computer/laptop/iPad and good internet connection.
We’ll have our sessions via Zoom, similar to Skype and very easy to download and install.
We’ll connect beforehand via email or Skype so you have the opportunity to explain your needs, challenges and goals.
We’ll also schedule a short call before the first session to check the lighting, sound, internet connection and placement of the mat so that I can see you standing and sitting.
What other advantages are there to online private yoga sessions?
- Online private yoga sessions are less expensive than in-person private yoga sessions.
- PLUS you receive free video recordings of our sessions together so that you can continue practicing whenever you like.
- The online yoga session will focus on your individual needs, challenges and goals so if you’re juggling work/family/life commitments and are feeling out of balance, we can talk about this and find a way back through yoga to feeling more centred, energised and at ease.
- You can practice anywhere in the world, with good internet connection.
- I can teach you anywhere in the world with good internet connection.
- It’s a very convenient, versatile and practical way to continue supporting your yoga practice.
- I’m available for you for ongoing support. You can contact me at any time with questions, observations and thoughts that come up during the week.
If you’d like to learn more click here.
Read what my online private clients have to say:
“I was searching for a flexible way to do yoga as I travel a lot for work and privately and it is always difficult to join regular yoga classes. Practicing online private yoga seems a perfect way for me. I was already doing yoga at home with some online videos, but I wanted to have a more personalised training.
I would definitely recommend taking private yoga classes as it is a great experience to have a training that is completely customized to one’s needs and physical situation. I could completely focus on the practice and on breathing. Every time after the training, I was feeling much better than before and very energised. I am much more conscious in yoga practice now and I have the feeling that I perform the asanas much more precisely.
Taking online classes has a lot of benefits, like flexibility in time and place and the possibility to have the classes recorded.
Overall I got the impression that yoga is not just a sport, but really something that you incorporate in your daily life.
I could really feel that Karen has a lot of experience and wisdom about yoga. I appreciated that she is always very calm, very positive and very focused on details. I always had the feeling that I can fully trust her.”
“I was looking to take some me time, find my centre, relax and stretch as I hadn’t done yoga or anything similar since the birth of my son 2 years ago.
The online private yoga was a great deal better than I expected. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it and how easy the interface was.
I particularly liked Karen’s easy manner. My body felt more open and relaxed and I was still enjoying the benefit 12 hours on.
I’d recommend online private yoga to others. The medium is different but it works. Karen is a super teacher with effective communication and it’s done at a good pace.”
Interested in online private yoga?
Contact me and we’ll schedule a 30 minute phone call to answer any of your questions and see if it’s a good fit for both of us.
I look forward to hearing from you!
P.S. If you’d like a reminder of the benefits of private yoga click here.